Hey Guys! I’m back again with a really helpful post(well I think so) on tips for the ever daunting.. FIRST TIME CINEMA TRIP!
I have three children so I think I know all the helpful and necessary tips to make your first time experience a little less stressful.
The ages I brought each child all varied as every kid is different and I think most parents can tell if they think their baby can handle or will entertain a cinema trip. I always felt sooooo nervous beforehand and afraid if they would not like it,make a show of me or run out of the cinema! I feel it’s one of those things where once you do it the first time it definitely gets easier as you go on.
I wanted my children to go from an early age so they would understand and get use to the whole trip. I am a big fan of the cinema myself so I wanted them to enjoy it too!
My first Son I brought him around 1 years old and to be honest he has loved the cinema ever since! My second son didn’t go till around two and a half as I knew he wouldn’t be able to sit still and really enjoy it(he adores the cinema now). My youngest baby is two and we went to see Peppa Pig a few months ago. We lasted half an hour and we left,but that’s okay! I will hold off till next year to bring her again as she’s just not that interested!
A little preparation beforehand is key. Let them know what you will be doing and try explain how we behave in the cinema. Try build it up to an exciting outing and how fun it will be.
- Try to go to a baby friendly screening. The lights will be on and the kids can walk around,everyone there will be in the same boat so don’t stress if your child won’t sit still or is a little loud.
- If you can,book an aisle seat. Kids (if toilet trained) will usually go to the toilet around three times so to save all the standing on toes and annoying people,aisle seats can be a life saver.
- Snacks.lots of them. It’s as simple as that,the more food the better. They will be distracted and happy. Bring fruit,popcorn,water,biscuits and maybe some treats.
- Go on the less busier days. Sunday will be a very busy day for the cinema so if you are apprehensive ask your local cinema the off peak times.
- Go to an age appropriate film. I once brought my 3 year old to a film that I would say would be suited to 7+ year olds and he didn’t enjoy it as much. At that age it’s all about colour and music,so keep that in mind.
- If you can,bring a tablet or iPad. Your child might get bored halfway through which is normal and might start fidgeting. So if you let them play a game and put the brightness down that will help them stay quiet and at ease.
So they are my tips and I really hope they help make your trip less stressful. Honestly it’s less daunting than you think and it’s all about first time experiences and having fun.
So go with the flow and if you have to leave the cinema early,so what! You can try again next time. The more children go the better they will enjoy it down the line.
let me know if these tips helped you or if you think I left something out,let me know in the comments!